Lead/Principal VFX Artist
Video gaming client has an immediate opening for a Lead/Principal VFX Artist. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position, no contracting involved. Job can be 100% remote.
• Client is looking for a candidate with an extensive background creating VFX assets for video games.
• The selected candidate will be responsible for establishing the look of the game's VFX, the pipeline, processes, and the team needed to create the visual effects. You'll mentor junior team member. You'll work with the Art Director for style, consistency, priorities, scope of work and timeframes,
• They want someone who is a self-starter, does not need much supervision, works independently, adheres to schedules, is a team player and will be a positive force throughout the entire organization. They want someone with a great attitude that has a passion for creating high-quality, beautiful visual effects for real-time game assets.
• Client wants a person that takes an organized approach to their work, develops useful documentation for the team, and shares VFX with co-workers.
• Candidates must be prepared with a portfolio or demo reel of their work that shows their proficiency in creating VFX.
• Experience in Unreal Engine, Maya, and other 3D packages.
• Bachelor’s degree in digital art, computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• At least five years of experience working in game development VFX artist positions.
• Experience shipping multiple titles in a senior, lead, or principal VFX role.
• Job can be 100% remote.