Technical Support Agent
Job Description Technical Support Agent will collaborate directly with customers, agents, engineers, developers, and internal teams to troubleshoot issues, document details, and follow process to drive to resolution.
You will be the liaison between engineering, the customer, and internal teams to surface the actual issue (from customer description), identify information that is pertinent to the issue, and document it for our developers.
Responsibilities • This role will handle support tickets via web-form messaging, so written communication skills are critical.
• A successful Technical Support agent can quickly identify known issues, provide resources, answer questions, and be ready to dig into technical issues.
• Many tickets require deeper investigation, such as replicating an issue, testing workarounds, and researching solutions.
Others involve digging into the user’s configuration and other details to drive the ticket into our bug database for triage
• You will also have opportunities to engage with developers as you serve as a liaison between them and customers on complex bugs.
• Performance Technical Support Agent performance success is based on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) including number of tickets handled with high-quality interactions, writing/grammar on ticket interactions, and following processes.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
(Required for Consideration)
• 2 or more years' experience as a support agent.
• Proven capabilities in Visual Studio or a similar database for entering and tracking bugs.
• Comfortable working in and meeting in Teams, managing and attending meetings as a lead and participant.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word).
• Experience with confidential product releases.
• Bachelor’s or Associate degree, technical training certification, or equivalent work experience.
• A passion for video gaming.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate with players with player in a clear, concise, and polite manner when the entire conversation is via webform.
• Strong grammar, punctuation, and linguistic skills.
• Ability to quantify and sort priorities of issues/bugs and recognize how they translate to the product.
• Independent problem solving, task tracking, and follow-through skills. • Self-motivated with the ability to remain driven even in work-from-home or busy office environments.
• Understanding of software/game development and troubleshooting.
• Experience identifying critical game UX components, builds, and game menus and settings.
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
• Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues.
• Internet data is at a high or unlimited cap to not affect regular downloads of updated builds.
• Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours.
o Candidates must provide a screenshot of their speed test result.
o Agency must include speed test screenshot as part of the submission process for consideration.
o Candidate is committing to meeting the network requirement by their start date if an offer is received and mutually accepted.
• Zendesk experience
• Experience in webform-based support
• Program/project management experience