AAA video game client in Redmond, Washington has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer.
This is a contracting position estimated to last 12 months with a potential of extending the agreement. Start date as soon as possible.
• The Software Engineer will design, develop, and implement new gameplay systems using C++ and work on all portions of a game’s front-end from the player-facing user experience to the back-end, and tooling.
• Modify existing codebase and create highly functional UI.
• Develop new and modify existing social features.
• Develop relationships with other teams, build partnerships to make sure all processes run smoothly.
• Collaborate with team members to deliver new features and functions to games.
• Stay on top of things, look for bottlenecks, and disruption possibilities that could hamper deliverables and schedules. Proactively address problems before they occur.
• Strong programming experience with C++ developing products in a multi-disciplined gaming environment creating awesome AAA gaming experiences.
• Experience with an embedded scripting language like Lua in a multithreaded game engine.
• Candidates must be highly self-motivated with great communication skills and the attitude/personality to merge into a team of like-minded professionals.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client requests that all employees to return to working in their Seattle office.