Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer
AAA video game client in Redmond, Washington has an immediate opening for a Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer. This is a contracting position estimated to last 12 months with a potential of extending the agreement.
• The Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer will design, develop, and implement new gameplay systems using C++.
• Extend, modify, and improve existing gameplay systems.
• Attend and contribute to technical system design and project planning sessions.
• Develop relationships with other teams, build partnerships to make sure all processes run smoothly. Collaborate with team members to deliver new features and functions to games.
• Stay on top of things, look for bottlenecks, and disruption possibilities that could hamper deliverables and schedules. Proactively address problems before they occur.
• Strong programming experience with C++ developing products in a multi-disciplined gaming environment. Work with game designers and create AAA gaming experiences.
• Experience with an embedded scripting language like Lua in a multithreaded game engine.
• Candidates must be highly self-motivated with great communication skills and the attitude/personality to merge into a team of like-minded professionals.
• Strong self-motivation, great communication skills, and a team-player attitude is required.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client requests that all employees return to working in their Seattle office.