Video game client in the Seattle area has an immediate opening for a Technical Artist. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position.
• Client is looking for a candidate with an extensive background as a Technical Artist developing assets for video games.
• The selected candidate will solve technical art problems across disciplines which are sometimes scattered across the globe.
• The Technical Artist will approve assets of other artists, perform quality checks, create documentation and continually search for areas to improve the pipeline.
• Optimize and integrate gameplay and environment assets.
• Minimum of three years of experience in game development as a technical artist with at least one shipped title.
• Capable of mastering new pipeline and technical tools.
• This position requires a strong mathematics and linear algebra background.
• Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team that is scattered throughout the world.
• Experience with Rigging, Animation, or Motion Capture.
• Experience working in the Unreal Engine.
• Levels of Detail (Simplygon), destruction mesh assets.
• Custom gameplay metadata, NVIDIA GameWorks.
• Shader Programming GLSL, HLSL, CG
• Tool Programming MEL, PyMel, MaxScript, Python, Fabric Engine
• Candidates must be prepared with a portfolio or demo reel of their work that shows their proficiency in creating VFX.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client would like all employees to return to working in the Seattle office. Remote options are possible.