Senior Creature Artist
Video game client in the Seattle area has an immediate opening for a Senior Creature Artist. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in game development with at least 1 shipped game as a character or creature artist
• Strong understanding of human and animal anatomy
• Strong understanding of proper topology and texturing for character assets for use in games
• Great understanding of current asset creation tools and techniques
• Strong self-motivation, great communication, and awesome team-player attitude
• Experience working in Unreal 4 or another engine with physically based lighting
• Experience with Maya and Substance Painter
• Ability to grasp some of the more technical concepts involved in asset implementation
• An interest in paleontology and/or zoology
• Client is looking for a candidate with an extensive background creating high quality creature and dinosaur assets for video games.
• The selected candidate will create creature assets from high-poly to low-poly to texturing with attention to balancing the number of polygons in a mesh to optimize for performance while providing high visual qualities.
• The hired Creature Artist must have a strong understanding of human, animal, dinosaur anatomy, muscular anatomy, and skeletal muscles.
• Candidates must be prepared with a portfolio or demo reel of their work that shows their proficiency in creating creature assets.
• Experience in Unreal Engine or Unity is required. Prefer UE5.
• Experience with physically based rendering and lighting is a major plus.
• Candidates must have experience with Substance Painter for creating textures.
• Experience Maya for creating 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering is required.
• Strong understanding of proper topology, edge distribution and texturing for character assets for use in high-performance video games.
• Great understanding of current asset creation tools and techniques. Client wants to hire someone that stays current with software packages, new releases, pipeline improvements and has a true personal interest in the profession and can grasp the more technical concepts involved in asset implementation.
• Candidates must be highly self-motivated with great communication skills and the attitude/personality to merge into a team of like-minded professionals.
• At least three years of experience working in the game development business.
• Experience working in a AAA gaming studio shipping at least one game while working as a Creature Artist.
• Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine 5
• Unity Engine
• Physically Based Lighting
• Substance Painter
• Palentology / zoology / animal anatomy
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client would like all employees to return to working in the Seattle office. Remote options are also possible.