Senior VFX Artist
Video game client in the Seattle area has an immediate opening for a Senior VFX Artist. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position.
• Client is looking for a candidate with an extensive background creating VFX assets for video games.
• The selected candidate will design, implement and troubleshoot VFX. They want someone with experience creating real-time particle systems, shaders, materials and textures.
• Performance tuning and looking for performance issues should be a continual task.
• Client wants someone who is a self-starter, does not need much supervision, works independently, adheres to schedules, is a team player and will be a positive force throughout the entire organization. They want someone with a great attitude that has a passion for creating high-quality, visually compelling effects.
• Client wants a person that takes an organized approach to their work, develops useful documentation for the team, and shares VFX with co-workers.
• Candidates must be prepared with a portfolio or demo reel of their work that shows their proficiency in creating VFX.
• Experience in Unreal Engine or Unity is required. Prefer UE5.
• Client wants more “primitive-ism,” more dust, wind, mud, waterfalls, frost, snow, lighting, shading.
• Bachelor’s degree in digital art, computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
• At least four years of experience working in the game development business.
• Experience working in a AAA gaming studio shipping at least one game while working as a technical or VFX artist.
• Unreal Engine 4
• Python, Mel, Vex
• Maya, Max, Blender
• Visual Effects - Real-time lighting, pyro, fluids, shaders
• Rendering, compositing
• HLSL Shader programming
Personal Interactions With:
• Work closely with different teams developing high-quality, industry leading VFX.
• Related Artists.
• VFX Team Members.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client would like all employees to return to working in the Seattle office. Remote options are possible.