Lead Technical Animator
Video gaming client in the Seattle area has an immediate opening for a Lead Technical Animator. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position.
• Candidates must have strong runtime animation framework experience with human and creature characters in combat gaming situations.
• Develop character rigs, pipeline tools.
• Be able to modify and customize game characters, clothing/uniforms.
• This is a lead position and will be responsible for developing standards that will allow the highest quality runtime animation.
• Create customized tools, processes, and methods to increase the productivity of the animation team and its relationship across other disciplines.
Prefer candidates who are strong creating solutions - systems, pipelines - from the ground up.
Strong focus on Characters.
Heavy on UE Blueprints, and pipelines / bridge tools that integrate UE and other toolsets (like Houdini and Maya).
Houdini is a big plus.
Job will also require rigging solutions and systems for things like fur and feathers for creatures, custom colorization/materials systems for characters. morph targets, delta maps, etc.
• At least five years of experience in the video gaming industry working as a Technical Animator.
• Develop Unreal Engine animation blueprints in a networked game, blend trees, state machines, Morpheme.
• Must have very strong knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE5 preferred).
• Multiplayer AAA gaming experience highly preferred.
• Motion capture experience required.
• Technical tools - Maya, MotionBuilder, MEL, Python.
• Must have strong experience with character rigging, combat situations, runtime animation techniques, human facial anatomy, facial action coding system, bipedal character anatomy.
• Work with different teams developing high-quality, industry leading character animation -
• Gameplay Programmers.
• Technical Art Teams.
• Animation Teams.
• Character Artists.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client would like all employees to working in the Seattle office. Remote options are possible.