Lead Technical Animator
Video gaming client in the Seattle area has an immediate opening for a Lead Technical Animator. This position is a full-time, direct-hire position.
• Candidates must have strong runtime animation framework experience with human and creature characters in combat gaming situations.
• Develop character rigs, pipeline tools.
• Be able to modify and customize game characters, clothing/uniforms.
• This is a lead position and will be responsible for developing standards that will allow the highest quality runtime animation.
• Create customized tools, processes, and methods to increase the productivity of the animation team and its relationship across other disciplines.
• At least five years of experience in the video gaming industry working as a Technical Animator. • Develop Unreal Engine animation blueprints in a networked game, blend trees, state machines, Morpheme. • Must have very strong knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE5 preferred). • Multiplayer AAA gaming experience highly preferred. • Motion capture experience required. • Technical tools - Maya, MotionBuilder, MEL, Python. • Must have strong experience with character rigging, combat situations, runtime animation techniques, human facial anatomy, facial action coding system, bipedal character anatomy.
Personal Interactions With:
• Work with different teams developing high-quality, industry leading character animation - • Gameplay Programmers. • Technical Art Teams. • Animation Teams. • Character Artists. • Engineers.
Job will be 100% remote until the virus risk is over when the client would like all employees to working in the Seattle office.