Senior Pipeline TD (Python)
We have a client in Seattle, Washington looking for a Senior Pipeline TD. This is a full-time, direct-hire position, no contracting involved.
Develop and maintain Python, ShotGrid and Perforce-based software tools.
Provide pipeline support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the asset pipeline.
Reports to the Technical Art Director.
• Develop GUI-based Python, Perforce and ShotGrid pipeline and asset management tools in a Windows-based environment.
• Work on tools of a high degree of complexity, requiring broad understanding of the larger pipeline and codebase.
• Help maintain and extend a wide array of existing workflows and scripts including ownership of a customized ShotGrid Toolkit / Perforce implementation that ties together DCC Source Assets with Unreal Engine Runtime Assets.
• Provide front-line tool support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and data translation issues, and help artists with general problem-solving.
• Test and validate tools and techniques in production while regularly releasing new and modified software systems.
• Work with artists, game designers, and technical art staff across a wide range of geographic locations, time zones, and infrastructures.
• Monitor Slack requests and package up problems.
• Develop comprehensive knowledge of software and systems used in game development; contribute to evolving standards and conventions employed by the team and studio.
• Update Confluence-based wiki documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Python-based tools for use in game development or visual effects.
• At least 5 years production experience in game development, visual effects or related fields.
• Advanced Python knowledge, including GUI frameworks such as PyQt / PySide.
• Experience scripting in one or more of Maya, Houdini, Unreal Engine, Photoshop, etc.
• Thorough understanding of the entire asset development process, from concept to modeling and texturing, rigging, animation, exporting and importing to a real-time engine or renderer.
• Experience with version control as used in software development.
• Familiarity with Autodesk ShotGrid strongly desired.
• Familiarity with Unreal Engine a huge plus.
• Experience with Perforce.
• Experience with C, C++.
• Experience with Windows development and applications such as 3ds max a plus.
• Online Portfolio that effectively exemplifies samples of current and past development work while also clearly demonstrating/communicating how production objectives and specifications were solved/met.
• Python Code Sample w/ GUI.