Senior UI/UX Designer
We have a client in the Seattle, WA area looking for an exceptionally passionate and talented Senior UI/UX Designer to join our diverse team.
The ideal candidate will be able to design and create beautiful, intuitive and meaningful human-computer interaction experiences from conception to completion that continually delight and engage players of their games.
This is a full-time, direct-hire position with this client. There is no contracting involved.
• Partner with the team, leads and key stakeholders to define and drive the look and feel of all UI/UX needs.
• Accurately translate and synthesize design specifications, input and feedback into initial flows, style guides, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that ultimately evolve into final, fully functional, in-game player-centric solutions.
• Collaborate with cross discipline team members such as Art, Game Design, Programming and Quality Assurance to craft all necessary user interaction experiences related to but not limited to user interfaces, menu systems, heads-up displays, and iconography.
• Scrutinize similar competitive game products to document and develop an understanding of what worked well and what didn’t within those products’ UI/UX implementation and execution.
• Daily hands-on utilization of various software applications related to game creation and UI/UX design in order to produce industry-leading in-game content and user experiences for our players.
• Minimum of three years of professional experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer, Interaction Designer or related role with at least one shipped software product, preferably in games.
• Innate ability to successfully break down, distill and effectively present complex design ideas clearly, simply and visually.
• Experienced creating and timely delivery of UI/UX/HUD prototypes, mockups, wireframes and interaction flows related to software applications.
• Curious, tenacious and insightful, you are constantly and consistently striving to improve and iterate upon user experiences while always keeping the user in mind.
• Proven and demonstrable prowess in the foundational principles related to graphic design, typography, color theory, and user interface.
• Always make every pixel count.
• Self-starter that welcomes full ownership of their work and responsibilities.
• Comfortable, flexible and effective in an often ambiguous, highly-iterative, fast-paced deadline driven environment; you are resilient and have a practical understanding that design specs, priorities and directives often change during the course of product development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Passionate Gamer that doesn’t just play games but is also highly knowledgeable regarding today’s video games, gaming trends and gamer culture.
• Prior experience working on and shipping at least one AAA game title in a credited UI/UX Design role.
• Prior hands-on experience implementing UI/UX and shipping products with UnrealEngine (UE4+).
• Strong experience with and knowledge of game development processes and pipelines.
• Degree or Certificate in UX Design, Human-Computer Interaction and/or Graphic Design with a focus on human interaction related to software applications.
• Expertise utilizing industry standard UI/UX design tools such as: Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Marvel, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
• Candidates Online Portfolio must exemplify best-in-class samples of applicant’s current and past UI/UX work while also clearly demonstrating/communicating how design objectives and specifications were solved/met.